I have a “Blue Sky” Konan MFM controller board in an SD Systems S-100 machine.
The MFM hardware consists of:
- “Blue Sky” single-sided PCB, plugged in to the Z-80 socket on the SBC-200 CPU board
- A Konan external PCB fitted with a large “Konan” branded LSI chip
- Disctron D-507 5MB MFM hard drive
I’m keen to get this system running, but I have no documentation for it.
If you have any manuals or software for this controller, please let me know.
Below are photos of the various components.
I have some significant hurdles to overcome, if I am to get this going, including:
- The Disctron D-507 does not spin up
- I have disassembled the PROM BIOS that was in the SBC-220 when I received it (there was only one 2708 installed, at F000-F7FF). The assembly listing shows that it is looking for the MFM controller at address H’EF, but it is physically wired to respond to addresses H’74 to H’77
- I have no software to formatted the hard drive, and no modified CP/M files (such as a CBIOS) to support it
This page last updated: 17 April 2017.